- Assistant Professor of Social Welfare Science (in Nursing)
HIV-related health disparities, intervention development for vulnerable populations
- BA, Purdue University
- MA, Rutgers University
- PhD, University of Pennsylvania
Education & Training
- Office Phone: 212-305-8611
- Fax: 212-305-6937
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Honors & Awards
- 2003-2007 Fontaine Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania
- 2010-present Society for the Analysis of African American Public Health Issues
- 2005-present American Correctional Association
- 1999-present American Society of Criminology
CONTEXTUALIZING & RESPONDING TO HIV RISK BEHAVIORS AMONG BLACK DRUG OFFENDERS (Federal Gov)
Jul 1 2013 - Dec 31 2018
BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES RESEARCH IN HIV INFECTION (Federal Gov)
Jul 1 1989 - Jun 30 2015
WASHINGTON HEIGHTS INITIATIVE COMMUNITY-BASED COMPARATIVE EFFECTIVENESS RESEARCH (WICER) (Federal Gov)
Sep 30 2010 - Sep 29 2013
- Rowell, T. L., Wu, E., Hart, C., Haile, R., & El-Bassel, N. (2012). Predictors of drug use in prison among incarcerated Black men. The American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, 38, 594-597. PMC Journal – In Process
- Wu, E., El-Bassel, N., Gilbert, L., Lee, H., Hess, L., & Rowell, T. L. (2012). Prior incarceration and barriers to receipt of services among entrants to Alternative to Incarceration Program participants: A gender-based disparity. The Journal of Urban Health, 89, 384-395. DOI:10.1007/s11524-011-9665-3. PMC Journal – In Process
- Rowell, T. L., Draine, J., & Wu, E. (2011). Depression in a Random Sample of Incarcerated African-American Men. Psychiatric Services, 62, 103-104. DOI: 10.1176/appi.ps.62.1.103-a. NIHMS#312630. PMCID #3143179
- Rowell, T. L. (2009). Federal drug laws. In Encyclopedia of race and crime, H. T. Greene & S. L. Gabbidon (Eds.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Rowell, T. (2007). Prison sexual assault. In Battleground – Criminal Justice, G. Barak (Ed.). Westport, CT: Greenwood Press. - Reprinted in Encyclopedia of contemporary American social issues, Volume 2. M. Shally-Jensen (Ed.). (2011). Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO, LLC.
- Scheider, M., Rowell, T., & Bezdikian, V. (2003). The impact of citizen perceptions of community policing on fear of crime: Findings from twelve cities. Police Quarterly, 6, 363-386.
- Rowell, T. (2003). Creating fear: News and the construction of crisis. Book review. Criminal Justice Review, 28, 172.
For a complete list of publications, please visit PubMed.gov