- Mary Dickey Lindsay Professor Emerita of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion in the Faculty of Nursing
- Director, Pilot Studies Core, Irving Institute for Clinical & Translational Research
Dr. Reame's current program of research is focused on the neuroendocrinology of the menstrual cycle, PMS, and menopause with the aim of clarifying the factors associated with women's reproductive health. A member of the Institute of Medicine, and AAAS Fellow, Dr. Reame is a women's health advocate, having served on the advisory committee to the NIH Women's Health Initiative, and as advisor to the Boston Women's Health Book Collective. She is a past member of the Board of Trustees for the North American Menopause Society and is certified as a menopause clinician. She is a past contributor to iVillage.com and is a current medical expert for www.HealthGuru.com.
- MSN, Wayne State University
- PhD, Physiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Clinical Endocrinology, University of Michigan School of Medicine
Education & Training
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2005 - present Emerita Professor, University of Michigan School of Nursing
2005- present Senior Research Scientist, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Dept of Obstetrics & Gynecology
2000-2005 Rhetaugh Dumas Endowed Professor, School of Nursing, University of Michigan
- 2014-present Board of Visitors College of Nursing, Michigan State University
- 2013-present Steering Committee, LGBT Health Initiative, Division of Gender, Sexuality & Health, Dept of Psychiatry, Columbia University
- 2011-present Board of Trustees, Andrew Kukes Foundation for Social Anxiety Research & Education
- 2010 Society for Clinical & Translational Science
- 2007-present: Co-director, Biobehavioral Core, P30 Center for Evidence-Based Practice in the Underserved, School of Nursing, Columbia University
- 2005-present: Chair, DNSc/PhD Program Committee, School of Nursing
- 2005-present: Director, CTSA Pilot Clinical Collaborative and Translational Science, Irving Institute
- 2005-present: Member, Advisory Board, WHO Collaborating Center, School of Nursing
- 2005-present: Member, Executive Committee, Irving Institute of Clinical and Translational Research, School of Medicine
- 2005-2008: Member, Clinical Research Center Scientific Advisory Committee, Irvining Institute for Clinical & Translational Research
- 2005-present: Eastern Nursing Research Society
- 1997-present: elected member, Institute of Medicine
- 1990-present: North American Menopause Society; Board of Trustees: 2000-2006
- 1984-present: Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science (formerly AAN Council of Nursing Researchers)
- 1984-present: Fellow, American Academy of Nursing
- 1982-present: Endocrine Society
- 1980-present: Am Association for the Advancement of Science
- 1980-present: American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- 1980-present: Society for Menstrual Cycle Research
Honors & Awards
- 2009: Fellow, New York Academy of Medicine
- 2008: National Mentor, Robert Wood Johnson Nurse Faculty Scholars Program, (inaugural year)
- 2007: Trudy Bush Lectureship, Institute for Women's Health, Virginia Commonwealth U.
- 2002-2008: Board of Trustees, North American Menopause Society
- 2001: Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- 1997: Member, Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences
- 1996-1997: IOM/American Academy of Nursing Distinguished Nurse Scholar
- 1991-1996: Director and PI (NIH U54) National Center for Infertility Research, University of Michigan
- 1984-2005: Our Bodies, Ourselves. Ch 25 Infertility and Assisted Reproduction (2005); Ch 12 Sexuality and the Menstrual Cycle (1984; 1992; 1996) Simon & Schuster, NY.
- 1984: Fellow, American Academy of Nursing
- Women's reproductive health
- Bioethics of assisted reproduction
NCATS UL1 RR024154-01 (PI: Ginsberg) . Clinical Translational Science Award. 10/1/06-6/30/16. Role: Core Director: Pilot & Collaborative Translational Studies Resource.
DHHS/AHRQ RO1 HS022961 (Bakken, PI) 2013-2015. Washington Heights-Invwood Comparative Effectiveness for the Underserved. (WICER 4U). ROle: Co-Investigator, pilot studies PI: mental health biomarkers
Translational Research Institute on Pain in Later Life (TRIPPL) NIH GRant 5P30 AG022845-09 (Reid, PI). Perimenopausal Joint Pain in Urban Hispanic Women 7/1/12- 8/31/14 (Reame, Altemus, pilot grant)
TBS 2 AMB 2012-01 Trimel Biopharm Inc. Toronto, Canada 1/2013-12/31/2018. A Placebo-controlled, Randomized, Double-blind, parallel-group, Dose-Finding Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of TBS-2 Intranasal Testosterone Gel in Premenopausal Women with Acquired Female Orgasmic Disorder. This is a multi-site, phase II FDA trial conducted in three countries.
CLINICAL AND TRANSLATIONAL SCIENCE AWARD (Federal Gov)
Jul 1 2016 - May 31 2021
VIDEO INFORMATION PROVIDER FOR HIV-ASSOCIATED NON-AIDS (VIP-HANA) SYMPTOMS (Federal Gov)
Jul 16 2015 - May 31 2020
A PLACEBO-CONTROLLED,RANDOMIZED,DOUBLE-BLIND,PARALLEL-GROUP,DOSE-FINDING TRIAL TO EVALUATE THE EFFICACY AND SAFETY OF TBS-2 INTRANASAL TESTOSTERONE GEL (P&S Industry Clinical Trial)
Mar 6 2013 - Mar 6 2018
CLINICAL AND TRANSLATIONAL SCIENCE AWARD (UL1) (Federal Gov)
Sep 30 2006 - Jun 30 2016
WICER 4U (Federal Gov)
Sep 30 2013 - Sep 30 2015
EFFECT OF MENOPAUSE ON MUSCULOSKETETAL PAIN (Federal Gov)
Sep 1 2012 - Aug 30 2014
WASHINGTON HEIGHTS INITIATIVE COMMUNITY-BASED COMPARATIVE EFFECTIVENESS RESEARCH (WICER) (Federal Gov)
Sep 30 2010 - Sep 29 2013
TRAINING NURSE SCIENTISTS IN INTERDISCIPLINARY & TRANSLATION AL RESEARCH IN THE UNDERSERVED (TRANSIT) (Federal Gov)
Jul 1 2009 - Jun 30 2013
JONAS NURSING SCHOLARS PROGRAM IN INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH (Private)
Jul 15 2008 - Jul 14 2012
CLINICAL AND TRANSLATIONAL SCIENCE AWARD (UL1) (Federal Gov)
Sep 30 2006 - Jun 30 2011
PSYCHOLOGICAL SYMPTOMS AND ORAL CONTRACEPTIVE DISCONTINUATIO N IN YOUNG MINORITIES (Federal Gov)
Jun 1 2009 - May 18 2010
- McCook JG, Bailey BA, Williams SL, Annand S, Reame NE. Differential contributions of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) manifestations to psychological symptoms. J Behav Health Services & Research. In press, 2014.
- Reame NE, Altemus M, Cortes Y. Perimenopause joint pain in urban Hispanic women: a qualitative study. Nursing Research (Mar/April) 62: e21, 2013.
- Close, Smaldone, Fennoy, Reame, Gray using information technology and social networking strategies for recruitment of research participants. J Med Internet Research 2013: 15 (e48).
- Hall, KS, O’Connell-White, V Rickert, N Reame, C Westhoff. An exploratory analysis of associations between eating disordered symptoms, perceived weight changes and oral contraceptive discontinuation among young minority women.J Adolescent Health 52: 58-63, 2013.
- Merrill JA, Yoon SM, Larson EL, Honig JA, Reame NE. Using social network analysis to examine collaborative relationships among PhD and DNP students and faculty in a research-intensive university school of nursing. Nursing Outlook 61: 109-116, 2013.
- Reame, NE. Fat, Fit or Famished? No clear answers from the Women’s Health Initiatve about diet and dieting for longstanding hot flashes. Menopause 2012; 19: 956-958.
- Smith YR, Bowen L, Love TM, Berent-Spillson A, Frey, KA, Persad CC, Reame NE, Koeppe RA, Zubieta, JK. Early initiation of hormone therapy in menopausal women is associated with increased hippocampaland posterior cingulated cholinergic activity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011 Nov; 96 (11):E1761-70
- Kelli Hall, K. O’Connell White, N. Reame, C. Westhoff. Studying the use of oral contraception: a review of measurement approaches. J Women’s Health 19: 2203-2210, 2010.
- Nirenberg, A.,Reame, N., Cato, K. & Larson, E. (2010). Factors Associated with Oncology Nurses’ Use of National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG) for Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia (CIN) and Febrile Neutropenia (FN)./Oncology Nursing Forum 37:765-73, 2010
- Berent-Spillson, A. Persad C, Love T, Tkaczyk A, Wang H, Reame N, Frey K, Zubieta JK, Smith Y. Early menopause hormone use influences brain regions used for visual working memory. Menopause 2010 July;17 (4):692-9.
- Rouen P, Lukacs J, Reame NE. Adipokine concentrations in non-obese women: A study of reproductive aging, body mass index and menstrual cycle effects. Biological Research for Nursing (special issue: Women’s Health, N Woods, editor)2010 July; 12 (1):54-61.
- Reame NE, Lukacs JL, Padmanabhan V, Eyvazzadeh A, Smith Y and Zubieta JK. Black cohosh has central opioid activity in postmenopausal women: evidence from naloxone blockade and PET imaging studies. Menopause vol 15, 2008.
- Reame NE, Lukacs JL, Olton P, Ansbacher R, and Padmanabhan V. Differential effects of aging on activin A and its binding protein follistatin across the menopause transition. Fertility and Sterility, 2007; 88:1003-1005.
For a complete list of publications, please visit PubMed.gov