Key to Course Listings
In the listings of courses of instruction for all programs, each course number consists of a capital letter followed by four digits.
The capital letter indicates the University faculty or division offering the course, for example:
- G Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- K School of Continuing Education, Department of Bioethics
- N School of Nursing
- P Mailman School of Public Health
The first digit indicates the level of the course, as follows:
- 4-5 First professional degree course
- 6-7 Intermediate graduate courses
- 8 Advanced graduate courses
- 9 Doctoral courses
The number of credits that a course carries each term is given in italics to the left of the course description.
The University reserves the right to withdraw or modify courses of instruction or to change instructors or class times as may be needed. All clinical specialty and doctoral courses require permission of the instructor for registration. Please consult with your program director for the most accurate pre- and co-requisites for each course.