DNP in Nurse Anesthesia Admissions
For RNs with a Bachelor's or Master's Degree
Tuition and Fees
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nursing
- Note: Official transcripts from all institutions attended will be required prior to enrollment in the program.
- Licensure Requirements: Current active New York state RN licensure or eligibility
- Minimum of one year ICU experience (SICU, MICU, PICU, CVICU, CCU, Burn ICU, Trauma ICU, and Neuro ICU); a minium of 2-2.5 years is highly encouraged to be competitive
- Certification as a Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) (strongly recommended)
For our general application requirements, please visit our Apply to the DNP in Nurse Anesthesia Program page.
Applicants must complete prerequisite coursework for an accredited college or university. It is required that completed courses have a grade of a B or better. Note: Grades of B- or below are not sufficient as successful completion of the course. Applicants must plan their courses accordingly where if they need to retake the course, they have enough time to do so during the application process. This will guarantee completion prior to enrollment in the program. Two of the three chemistry courses must be completed to satisfy the requirements.
- Statistics (completed within five years of the start term of the program)
- Health/Physical Assessment
- Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or Biochemistry
For more detailed information regarding prerequisite courses, please visit our Program Prerequisite Courses page.
Applicants for the DNP in Nurse Anesthesia program may be invited for an on-campus interview during the application process. Invitations are sent to selected applicants during the application review process. Having completed all prerequisite courses prior to the application submission will result in a more competitive application.
We currently do not admit international applicants into the DNP in Nurse Anesthesia program. International applicants are welcome to apply to the PhD program.
Contact the Office of Admissions
Walk-in Hours: Mon, Tue, and Fri: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Appointments Only: Wed and Thu: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Note: We are not accepting any walk-ins or in-person appointments until further notice.
Join our mailing list and receive our digital brochure: