May Awards, Publications, Presentations, and Other News
May 20, 2020
- Mansi Agarwal and Patricia Stone were among the authors of “COVID-19 Preparedness in Nursing Homes in the Midst of the Pandemic,” published in Journal of the American Geriatrics Society.
- Gregory Alexander was among the authors of “Advancing Health Information Technology Roadmaps in Long Term Care,” published in International Journal of Medical Informatics.
- Gregory Alexander was among the authors of “Exploring Information Technology (IT) Sophistication in New South Wales Residential Aged Care Facilities,” published in Australian Health Review.
- Gregory Alexander was among the authors of “Exploring Resident Care Information Technology Use and Nursing Home Quality,” published in Journal of Gerontological Nursing.
- Gregory Alexander was among the authors of “Health Data Sharing in US Nursing Homes: A Mixed Methods Study,” published in Journal of the American Medical Directors Association.
- Kellie Bryant was among the authors of “Innovations in Simulation: Nursing Leaders’ Exchange of Best Practices,” published in Clinical Simulation in Nursing.
- Billy Caceres was among the authors of “Provider and LGBT Individuals’ Perspectives on LGBT Issues in Long-Term Care: A Systematic Review,” published in The Gerontologist.
- Billy Caceres and Kathleen Hickey were the co-authors of “Examining Sleep Duration and Sleep Health among Sexual Minority and Heterosexual Adults: Findings from NHANES (2005‒2014),” published in Behavioral Sleep Medicine.
- Billy Caceres, Kasey Jackman ’17, and Walter Bockting were among the authors of “Assessing Gender Identity Differences in Cardiovascular Disease in US Adults: An Analysis of Data from the 2014‒2017 BRFSS,” published in Journal of Behavioral Medicine.
- Eileen Carter ’14 was among the authors of “Infection Preventionists Role in Antimicrobial Stewardship: Survey of APIC Members,” published in American Journal of Infection Control.
- Eileen Carter ’14, Amanda Hessels, Kenrick Cato ’14, Bevin Cohen ’17, Reynaldo Rivera, and Elaine Larson were the authors of “Evaluation of the Joint Nurse Scientist Role Across Academia and Practice,” published in Nursing Outlook.
- Elaine Larson was among the authors of “Evaluation of an Educational Intervention Utilizing Nurse ‘Champions’ and Nurses’ Documentation of Intensive Care Unit Delirium,” published in Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing.
- Kathleen Hickey was among the authors of “Atrial Fibrillation Is Associated with Recurrent Ventricular Arrhythmias after LVAD Implant: Incidence and Impact in a Consecutive Series,” published in Journal of Cardiovascular Translational Research.
- Kristine Kulage, Patricia Stone, and Arlene Smaldone ’03 were the authors of “Supporting Dissertation Work Through a Nursing PhD Program Federal Grant Writing Workshop,” published in Journal of Professional Nursing.
- Walter Bockting was among the authors of “Transgender Women’s Concerns and Preferences on Potential Future Long-Acting Biomedical HIV Prevention Strategies: The Case of Injections and Implanted Medication Delivery Devices (IMDDs),” published in AIDS and Behavior.
- Rebecca Schnall ’09 was among the authors of “Converting and Expanding a Mobile Support Intervention: Focus Group and Field-Testing Findings from Individuals in Active Tuberculosis Treatment,” published in International Journal of Medical Informatics.
- Laura Starbird was among the authors of “Nurse Case Management to Improve the Hepatitis C Care Continuum in HIV Co-Infection: Results of a Randomized Controlled Trial,” published in Journal of Viral Hepatitis.
- Cindy Veldhuis and Tonda Hughes were among the authors of “Do Relationships Provide the Same Levels of Protection Against Heavy Drinking for Lesbian and Bisexual Women? An Intersectional Approach,” published in Psychology of Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity.
- Tonda Hughes presented “Advancing Health Equity for Sexual and Gender Minority People” as the keynote speaker at the Advancing Excellence in Health Care for Sexual and Gender Minorities national conference, held virtually March 20‒22, 2020.
- Lisa Iannacci-Manasia ’89 presented “Health Promotion Disease Prevention for the Child & Adolescent with Case Studies”at the University of Turin, held virtually April 6, 2020.
- Jaime Panton presented “Neuropsychiatric Cases: Diagnostic Dilemmas” at the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners Virtual National Conference, June 4‒5, 2020.
Awards and Honors
- Tonda Hughes has been appointed Visiting Professor at Vanderbilt University School of Nursing. She will provide leadership for the Second National Nursing LGBTQ Health Conference and will work with faculty to infuse LGBTQ health content into their research and teaching.
- Lisa Iannacci-Manasia ’89 was awarded the Columbia University Presbyterian Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Association (CUPHSONAA) Scholarship Award for PhD pursuit 2020-2021.
- Nancy Reame was invited to submit an editorial piece on the second phase of a new non-hormonal hot flash drug for Menopause: The Journal of the North American Menopause Society.