Publications, Awards, and Other News June 2020
June 17, 2020
- Suzanne Bakken and Gregory Alexander were the authors of “Celebrating the International Year of the Nurse and Midwife: A Look at Nursing in JAMIA,” published in Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association.
- Rohima Begum ’16 and Jianfang Liu, were the authors of “Always InforMED: Nurse Champion-Led Intervention to Improve Medication Communication Among Nurses and Patients,” published in Applied Nursing Research.
- Jessica Brooks ’03 was among the authors of “Peer Support in Coordination of Physical Health and Mental Health Services for People with Lived Experience of a Serious Mental Illness,” published in Frontiers in Psychiatry.
- Jean-Marie Bruzzese and Elaine Larson were among the authors of “Professional Development Outcomes Associated with Interdisciplinary Research: An Integrative Review,” published in Nursing Outlook.
- Eileen Carter ’14, Kenrick Cato ’14, Kristine Kulage, Jianfang Liu, and Elaine Larson were among the authors of “Programmatic Details and Outcomes of an Academic-Practice Research Fellowship for Clinical Nurses,” published in Applied Nursing Research.
- Sarah Collins Rossetti ’09 was among the authors of “Mixed-Methods Evaluation of Real-Time Safety Reporting by Hospitalized Patients and Their Care Partners: The MySafeCare Application,” published in Journal of Patient Safety.
- Elizabeth Corwin was among the authors of “Maternal Genitourinary Infections and Poor Nutritional Status Increase Risk of Preterm Birth in Gasabo District, Rwanda: A Prospective, Longitudinal, Cohort Study,” published in BMC Pregnancy & Childbirth.
- Tonda Hughes was among the authors of “Sexual Minority Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health Literacy: A Qualitative Descriptive Study,” published in Health Education & Behavior.
- Kristine Kulage and Arlene Smaldone ’03 were among the authors of “How Has DSM-5 Affected Autism Diagnosis? A 5-Year Follow-Up Systematic Literature Review and Meta-analysis,” published in Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders.
- Jingjing Shang was among the authors of “Home Care Nurses’ Identification of Patients at Risk of Infection and Their Risk Mitigation Strategies: A Qualitative Interview Study,” published in International Journal of Nursing Studies.
- Bevin Cohen ’17, Jianfang Liu, and Elaine Larson were among the authors of “Temporal Change of Risk Factors in Hospital-Acquired Clostridioides difficile Infection Using Time-Trend Analysis,” published in Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology.
- Caroline Fu and Kenrick Cato ’14 were among the authors of “Exploring Practices of Bedside Shift Report and Hourly Rounding. Is There an Impact on Patient Falls?” published in The Journal of Nursing Administration.
- Gregory Alexander presented “Telemedicine and Electronic Personal Protection Equipment Use in Nursing Homes” at the Australian Aged Care Industry Information Technology Council National Forum: USA Experience Covid-19 Care Setting Focused held virtually on June 3, 2020.
- Maureen George presented “Health Beliefs, Nonadherence and Shared Decision-Making: Using Patient-Centered Approaches to Narrow the Asthma Disparity Gap” at the Asthma Grand Rounds hosted by Montefiore Medical Center on June 4, 2020.
- Kathleen Mullen presented “Implementing Collaborative Testing and Exam Wrappers to Improve Metacognition” at the 5th Sigma European Conference held virtually on May 29, 2020.
Awards and Honors
- Gregory Alexander was selected to join the eighth cohort of Fulbright Scholar Alumni Ambassadors. Only 13 alumni scholars were selected from 160 applicants across the U.S. for this two-year appointment.