Publications, Presentations, Honors, Awards, and Other News February 2022
February 17, 2022
- Lauren Bochicchio was among the authors of “Learning, Doing, and Sticking with It: A Qualitative Study on Achieving Clinically Significant Reduction in Cardiovascular Disease Risk in a Healthy Lifestyle Intervention for People with Serious Mental Illness,” published in Health and Social Care in the Community.
- Billy Caceres was among the authors of “Diet, Food Insecurity, and CVD Risk in Sexual and Gender Minority Adults,” published in Current Atherosclerosis Reports.
- Kenrick Cato, PhD '14, and Maxim Topaz were among the authors of “Considerations for Development of Child Abuse and Neglect Phenotype with Implications for Reduction of Racial Bias: A Qualitative Study” and “Developing Machine Learning‒Based Models to Help Identify Child Abuse and Neglect: Key Ethical Challenges and Recommended Solutions,” both published in JAMIA: Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association.
- Jennifer Dohrn, DNP' 05, Yu-Hui Ferng, Ruby Shah, Erica Diehl, and Lorraine Frazier were the authors of “Addressing Mental and Emotional Health Concerns Experienced by Nurses During the COVID-19 Pandemic,” published in Nursing Outlook.
- Maureen George was among the authors of “Assessing Construct Validity of the Asthma Impairment and Risk Questionnaire Using a 3-Month Exacerbation Recall,” published in Annals of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, and “Caregiver Perceptions of Mental Health and Barriers to and Facilitators of Their Child’s Treatment,” published in Pediatric Emergency Care.
- Marlene McHugh, DNP '08, and Penelope Buschman, BS '64, are among the authors of the chapter titled “Communication at the End of Life” in Advanced Practice Palliative Nursing, 2nd Edition, edited by Constance Dahlin and Patrick Coyne, published by Oxford University Press, 2022.
- Lusine Poghosyan was among the authors of “State Responses to COVID-19: Potential Benefits of Continuing Full Practice Authority for Primary Care Nurse Practitioners,” published in Nursing Outlook.
- Adriana Arcia served as the keynote speaker for the virtual 6th Annual Davidson College Prehealth Professions Symposium on February 4 titled “Just Make It Clearer!: The Art and Science of Health Communication.”
- Komal P. Murali was among the presenters of “Triggers for Specialist Palliative Care Consultation in the ICU: A Qualitative Secondary Analysis” at the Annual Assembly of Hospice and Palliative Care hosted virtually in Nashville, Tennessee, by the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- Komal Murali, Andrew Dick, and Patricia W. Stone were among the presenters of “An Event Time Model Study Examining the Impact of the POLST Program on Place of Death of Nursing Home Residents Over Time” at the Annual Assembly of Hospice and Palliative Care hosted virtually in Nashville, Tennessee, by the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
Honors and Awards
- Billy Caceres received the 2021 Nurse of the Year award from the National Association of Hispanic Nurses, New York Chapter.
- Marie Garcon was appointed assistant clinical professor of nursing practice in dental medicine in the Columbia University College of Dental Medicine.