Mara Berta, DNP, MPH, RN, AGACNP-BC
- Assistant Professor of Nursing at CUMC
- Director, Adult Geriatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- MPH, New York Medical College, NY
- MS, ACNP, Columbia University School of Nursing
- BS, Columbia University School of Nursing
- BA, McGill University
- DNP, Columbia University School of Nursing
Berta, M, Leon, A, & Silvey, K. Bring palliative care downstairs: A case-based approach to applying palliative care principles in Emergency Department practice. Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal, forthcoming issue.
Burney, M, Underwood, J, McEvoy, S, Nelson, G, Dzierba, A, Kauari, V, & Chong, D. Early identification and treatment of severe sepsis and septic shock in the emergency department: Barriers to implementation of a protocolized approach Journal of Emergency Nursing, 38(6), 512-517.
Burney, M, Schunk, K, Oundjian, N, Younge, R, McCord, M, & Green, N. Incomplete follow-up of hemoglobinopathy carriers identified by newborn screening despite reporting in electronic medical records. Journal of the National Medical Association; 103 (9-10), 852-6.