Coronavirus Updates and Resources for Students
Last Updated: Monday, March 30, 2020
Columbia Nursing continues to closely monitor the coronavirus pandemic status in New York City and globally, and aims to keep you informed as the situation progresses. The health and safety of our community is our primary concern.
Additionally, Columbia University officials are working closely with the U.S. Health and Human Services, NYC Department of Health, New York State Department of Health, the International Students & Scholars Office, and other key offices to monitor the evolving situation regarding the coronavirus pandemic. Columbia is following the guidance of the NYC Department of Health, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the World Health Organization regarding screening and prevention.
See the below key information for students as we navigate through COVID-19.
- Columbia Nursing Coronavirus Updates
- CUIMC COVID-19 Resource Center
- Columbia University COVID-19 Resource Center
- Columbia University Preparedness
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- NYC Department of Health
CUIMC COVID-19 Questions
- Email email@example.com or call 212-854-9355 (phone line open Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm).
University Life Forum
View a recording of the Wednesday, March 25 University Life Forum: Update on COVID-19 for the Columbia Community.
- CUIMC Student Health Services:
- Medical and Mental Health Services: Use the health portal to schedule telephone appointments and to communicate directly with your provider. After-hours access remains available for urgent medical or mental health needs. For after-hours support, call 212-305-3400, option 7.
- Center for Student Wellness: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Insurance-related questions: email@example.com
- Other questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com.
- Alice! Health Promotion:
- Disability Services:
- Gay Health Advocacy Project (GHAP):
- Virtual information sessions for sexual health-related concerns. Call 212-854-6655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sexual Violence Response (SVR):
- Virtual trauma-informed, confidential support. Weekdays call 212-854-3500 or email email@example.com. SVR’s 24/7 year-round helpline: 212-854-HELP/4357.
- Columbia Health:
- Columbia Religious Life:
- Virtual opportunities to gather, learn and pray together, including a multi-faith fellowship salon, religious study, and coffee hours.
- Office of University Life:
- Download the mobile app to connect to key resources and find essential contact information.
Columbia Nursing Contact Information
- Office of Student Services:
- Questions about disability accommodations, lockers, internal student applications, graduation, or enrollment: OSSnursing@cumc.columbia.edu.
- Office of Financial Aid:
- Questions about managing your current 2019-2020 award or your upcoming 2020-2021 award (e.g.: loan changes): firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office of Student Life:
- Questions about career prep (resumes, mock interviews, etc.), student organization, student council, or peer mentorship: email@example.com.