Publications, Presentations, Honors/Awards, and Other News December 2020
December 17, 2020
- Gregory Alexander was among the authors of “An Evaluation of Telehealth Expansion in U.S. Nursing Homes,” published in Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association.
- Gregory Alexander was among the authors of Innovation Driving Care Systems Capability: Final Report, published by Aged Care Industry Information Technology Council (Australia).
- Jessica Brooks ’03 was among the authors of “Certified Peer Specialists’ Perspective of the Barriers and Facilitators to Mobile Health Engagement,” published in Journal of Technology in Behavioral Science.
- Ashley Chastain, Sabrina Mangal ’20, Patricia Stone, and Jingjing Shang were among the authors of “Home Health Staff Perspectives on Infection Prevention and Control: Implications for Coronavirus Disease 2019,” published in Journal of the American Medical Directors Association.
- Elizabeth Corwin was among the authors of “Association Between Micronutrients and Maternal Leukocyte Telomere Length in Early Pregnancy in Rwanda,” published in BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth.
- Jennifer Dohrn ’05 was among the authors of “Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices of Syrian Refugee Mothers Towards Sexually Transmitted Infections,” published in Dove Press.
- Jennifer Dohrn ’05 is among the authors of “The Health-Related Quality of Life of Syrian Refugee Women in Their Reproductive Age,” published in Peer J Life & Environment.
- Leah Estrada ’20, Mansi Agarwal, and Patricia Stone were the authors of “Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Nursing Home End-of-Life Care: A Systematic Review,” published by Journal of the American Medical Directors Association.
- Maureen George, Jean-Marie Bruzzese, Haomiao Jia, and Allison Norful ’17 were among the authors of ”Group-Randomized Trial of Tailored Brief Shared Decision-Making to Improve Asthma Control in Urban Black Adults,” published in Journal of Advanced Nursing.
- Amanda Hessels was among the authors of “Epidemiology and Impact of Healthcare-Associated Infections in Trauma Patients: A National Data Analysis,” published in Surgical Infections.
- Haomiao Jia and Rebecca Schnall ’09 were among the authors of “Protocol of the Randomized Control Trial: The WiseApp Trial for Improving Health Outcomes in PLWH (WiseApp),” published in BMC Public Health.
- Theresa Koleck, Suzanne Bakken, Shazia Mitha ’18, Maureen George, Arlene Smaldone ’03, and Maxim Topaz were among the authors of “Identifying Symptom Information in Clinical Notes Using Natural Language Processing,” published in Nursing Research.
- Elaine Larson was among the authors of “Active Surveillance for Acute Respiratory Infections among Pediatric Long-Term Care Facility Staff,” published in American Journal of Infection Control.
- Elaine Larson was among the authors of “Identifying Global Research Gaps to Mitigate Antimicrobial Resistance: A Scoping Review,” published in American Journal of Infection Control.
- Jianfang Liu was among the authors of “Trends in Comorbidities among HIV-Infected Hospital Admissions In New York City from 2006-2016,” published in Clinical Infectious Diseases.
- Lusine Poghosyan was among the authors of “Surveying Primary Care Nurse Practitioners: An Overview of National Sampling Frames,” published in Policy, Politics, and Nursing Practice.
- Jingjing Shang was among the authors of “Implications of a US Study on Infection Prevention and Control in Community Settings in the UK,” published in British Journal of Community Nursing.
- Arlene Smaldone ’03 was among the authors of “Perceived Parental Monitoring: A Systematic Review of Monitoring Instruments,” published in Journal of Nursing Measurement.
- Jiyoun Song ’20 and Jingjing Shang were among the authors of “’A Catalyst for Action’: Factors for Implementing Clinical Risk Prediction Models of Infection in Home Care Settings,” published in Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association.
- Jiyoun Song ’20 and Patricia Stone were among the authors of “Are We Getting What We Really Want? A Systematic Review of Concordance between Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) Documentation and Subsequent Care Delivered at End-of-Life,” published in American Journal of Hospital and Palliative Medicine.
- Billy Caceres participated in the “Journey to Leadership” series as part of Health Career Connection's 30th Anniversary celebration, hosted virtually on December 15, 2020.
- Jennifer Dohrn '05 presented “Nurses Respond to Pandemics: From Sierra Leone and Liberia to New York City,” at the Barbara Silver Horowitz ’55 Scholars of Distinction Annual Lecture, hosted virtually by Barnard College on November 30, 2020.
- Jennifer Dohrn ’05 and Coutney Vose presented “Nurses on the COVID-19 Frontlines: Experiences and Lessons Learned in Wuhan, China, and New York City, USA,” at a webinar sponsored by Columbia Global Centers | Beijing and Columbia Nursing on November 25, 2020.
- Suzanne Bakken and Adriana Arcia are principal investigators of a research supplement to the Precision in Symptom Self-Management P30 Center. This award, funded by the National Institute of Nursing Research, is titled, "Reaching Communities through the Design of Information Visualizations (ReDIVis) Toolbox for Return of Covid-19 Results.”
- Allison Norful ’17 has been contracted by Press Ganey Associates to assist in the development of a novel national instrument to measure primary-care provider productivity and the role of nurse practitioners within primary care teams. Press Ganey is the leading analytics and strategic adviser for health care quality and safety to more than 41,000 health care organizations across the country. Together with Press Ganey Associates, Norful will provide expert content consultation for the instrument's development and psychometric testing.
- Jaime Panton was invited to participate in the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) Working Group on Pediatric Continuing Education. Panton is currently the co-chair of the NAPNAP continuing education committee and serves as the committee liaison to the working group.