Skip to site alert.
Skip to content
Back to top
- Professor of Biostatistics (in Nursing) at CUMC
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- PhD, Case Western Reserve University
- Cost-effectiveness analysis
- Health-Related Quality-of-Life: concept, measurements, estimation methods; mental health outcomes
- Small area estimation, temporal-spatial analysis
- Survival analysis: quality-adjusted survival time
- Time series analysis, panel data
- Jia H, Zack MM, Thompson WW, Crosby AE, Gottesman II. Impact of depression on quality-adjusted life expectancy (QALE) directly as well as indirectly through suicide. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2015 Feb 7. [Epub ahead of print]
- Brown DS, Jia H, Zack MM, Thompson WW, Haddix AC, Kaplan RM. Using health-related quality of life and quality-adjusted life expectancy for effective public health surveillance and prevention. Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res. 2013 Aug;13(4):425-7. doi: 10.1586/14737167.2013.818816.
- Jia H, Lubetkin EI.Comparing Quality-Adjusted Life Expectancy at Different Levels of Physical Activity. J Phys Act Health. 2014 Feb;11(2):278-84 doi: 10.1123/jpah.2011-0368.
- Jia H, Zack MM, Thompson WW.The effects of diabetes, hypertension, asthma, heart disease, and stroke on quality-adjusted life expectancy. Value Health. 2013 Jan;16(1):140-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jval.2012.08.2208.
- Jia H, Zack MM, Thompson WW, Dube SR. Quality-adjusted life expectancy (QALE) loss due to smoking in the United States. Qual Life Res. 2013 Feb;22(1):27-35.
- Jia H, Zack MM, Thompson WW. State quality-adjusted life expectancy for U.S. adults from 1993 to 2008. Qual Life Res. 2011 20(6):853-63
- Jia H, Lubetkin EI. Obesity-related quality-adjusted life years lost in the United States from 1993 to 2008. Am J Prev Med. 2010;39(3):220-7.
- Jia H, Zack MM, Moriarty DG, Fryback DG. Predicting the EuroQol Group's EQ-5D Index from CDC's "Healthy Days" in a US Sample. Med Decis Making 2010; 31(1) 174-85.
- Jia H, Lubetkin EI. Trends in quality-adjusted life-years lost contributed by smoking and obesity. Am J Prev Med 2010;38(2):138-140
- Jia H, Lubetkin EI. Time trends and seasonal patterns of health-related quality of life among U.S. adults. Public Health Rep 2009;124:692-701.
For a complete list of publications, please visit PubMed.gov