Estimated Funding Package
- Columbia University School of Nursing provides three years (eight semesters) of funding for tuition, related fees, health insurance, and stipend (based on current NIH rates) to students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Estimated Funding Package for the PhD Program
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in nursing, or
- Master's degree in a related discipline (i.e. MBA or MPH) and a bachelor's degree in nursing (admitted applicants may be required to enroll in additional nursing credits to ensure adequate preparation)
- New York State RN licensure or eligibility
- GRE Exam Score: GREs taken within the past five years is required. A minimum score of the 50th percentile across all scores is preferred.
- International Applicants Only: TOEFL Exam Score
For our general application requirements, please visit the Apply to the PhD Program page.
Applicants must complete prerequisite coursework for an accredited college or university. It is required that completed courses have a grade of a C or better.
- Graduate Level Health Policy Course - This type of course can vary. Applicants may mail the Office of Admissions to request review and approval of a proposed health policy course or for suggestions for approved courses.
Prerequisite courses are required to be completed by the start of the program, not by the application deadline.
Columbia University School of Nursing welcomes international students to apply to the PhD program. However, international students must have financial resources to cover tuition and living expenses.
Contact the Office of Admissions
Walk-in Hours: Mon, Tue, and Fri: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Appointments Only: Wed and Thu: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Note: We are not accepting any walk-ins or in-person appointments until further notice.
Join our mailing list and receive our digital brochure: