Estimated Funding Package
- Columbia University School of Nursing provides three years (eight semesters) of funding for tuition, related fees, health insurance, and stipend.
- Estimated Funding Package for the PhD Program
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in nursing, or
- Master's degree in a related discipline (i.e. MBA or MPH) and a bachelor's degree in nursing (admitted applicants may be required to enroll in additional nursing credits to ensure adequate preparation)
- New York State RN licensure or eligibility
- International Applicants Only: TOEFL Exam Score
For our general application requirements, please visit the Apply to the PhD Program page.
Applicants must complete prerequisite coursework for an accredited college or university. It is required that completed courses have a grade of a C or better.
- Graduate Level Health Policy Course - This type of course can vary. Applicants may mail the Office of Admissions to request review and approval of a proposed health policy course or for suggestions for approved courses.
Prerequisite courses are required to be completed by the start of the program, not by the application deadline.
Beginning in Fall 2021, Columbia Nursing will fund international PhD students. Funding includes tuition and fees, Student Health Services health insurance, and a stipend. International applicants are encouraged to visit the Columbia University International Students & Scholars Office for information about housing, Visas, and other topics.
Contact the Office of Admissions
Walk-in Hours: Mon, Tue, and Fri: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Appointments Only: Wed and Thu: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Note: We are not accepting any walk-ins or in-person appointments until further notice.
Join our mailing list and receive our digital brochure: