Alumni Job Board
Columbia University School of Nursing regularly posts job openings from interested employers that are looking to fill positions with our alumni.
Post a Job
Employers can submit job postings by emailing email@example.com.
Columbia Nursing has no financial affiliation with these entities, and reference to any specific practice, hospital, clinic, medical facility, etc., does not constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by the school. Columbia Nursing reserves the right to withdraw or choose not to post any submissions.
Columbia University Medical Center
The Clinical Coordinator II RN in the Division of Breast and Melanoma Surgery will be responsible for the initiation of the patient's history and physical, development and implementation of a pre- and post-op education program. The incumbent will support on-going clinical functions of the Breast and Melanoma Surgery Service to provide compassionate patient centered care and ongoing quality improvement within the division. The candidate will be responsible for the case management of patients including coordination of evaluation of diagnostic testing, reviewing lab reports, and supervising direct patient care. In addition, s/he will also facilitate coordination of home care services and patient education.
- Coordinate and participate in the overall medical and surgical management of patients being evaluated and treated by the Breast and Melanoma surgery program
- Responsible for the completion and recording of patient's history and physical examination, ordering appropriate tests; formulating a plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition and under the supervision of the surgeon
- Discuss cases with the attending and other health professionals to prepare a comprehensive patient care plan
- Develop and provide patient education and discharge instructions, including ongoing efforts to further streamline a pre- and post-operative education program that fosters patient care, research, quality and education under the supervision of the Breast and Melanoma attending surgeons
- Evaluate test findings; make initial medical diagnosis and initial therapeutic plan consistent with the continuing healthcare needs of the patient.
- Inform family and referring physician the status of patients immediately post-operation
- Write standing medical orders in the patient care chart as necessary and consistent with the established protocol text or medical practice of attending physician and as allowed by the candidate’s accreditation
- Initiate and document in the patient care chart and medical orders all other appropriate orders based on patient's condition and progress.
- Ensure that patient's referral process and transition into specialty services are timely and efficient
- Anticipate patient and family needs throughout the continuum of care, communicate and facilitate ongoing care with multidisciplinary team members, departments, primary care practices and community clinical organizations
- Provide and reinforce patient and family teaching as needed. Participate in professional development activities to keep current with trends and practices in health care administration. Represent the organization at public professional meeting and conferences as requested
- Responsible for the initiation of initial and subsequent office evaluation of patients referred to the division, assess patients for postoperative visits, based on the established practice of the surgeons and coordinate multidisciplinary care of patients with other specialties as required
- Participate in quality improvement projects relating to disease diagnosis, patient care and perioperative processes, supervise and contribute to research and the research database under direct supervision of the attending surgeons
- Participate in the initiation of new and continuing of ongoing research processes as directed
- Available for assessment of patients triaged for short-term and same-day appointments in the office as necessary. Develop expertise in breast and melanoma care in accordance with ongoing needs of the Division so as to facilitate access and assessment of patients with Breast and Melanoma symptoms and disease conditions
- Develop reasonable competence in trouble-shooting common postoperative problems after surgery, return prompt telephone calls to patients updating progress, management plan and directing their treatment.
- Coordinate inpatient and outpatient care.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- 4 years of related experience
- New York State RN license required.
- Intermediate MS Office skills
- Must be able to successfully complete systems training requirements
- Ability to perform comprehensive history and physical examination.
- Ability to manage and coordinate a patient caseload.
- Work within a collaborative agreement/protocols with a physician and health care team.
- Demonstrate leadership ability to manage patients and interact effectively with peers and physicians.
Salary Range: $86,600.00 - $105,350.00
How to Apply
February 8, 2024
Passaic County Community College is seeking a Nursing Laboratory/Simulation Coordinator who will report to the Associate Dean for Nurse Education and Healthcare Programs. This position is responsible for the preparation and assistance with college clinical skills laboratory and computer laboratory experiences in support of the educational outcomes of the Nurse Education Program.
This is a full-time, administrative position.
- Collaborate with faculty in the design and implementation of all simulation activities across the curriculum.
- Supervise, evaluate, and document the progress of students in the nursing skills required in clinical nursing courses.
- Prepare schedule for students' clinical skills practice and testing for all courses each semester.
- Schedule part-time clinical skills instructors and prepare the laboratory for individual and group practice and testing.
- Assign clinical makeup and remediation activities for students in collaboration with faculty.
- Act as a resource for students and faculty.
- Coordinate purchasing and maintenance of all equipment and supplies for the clinical skills and computer laboratories and media resources within the confines of the established budget.
- Collaborate with the IT department to ensure computer laboratory equipment is maintained and available for student use.
- Maintain database for inventory of clinical skills laboratory, computer laboratory, and media equipment and supplies.
- Supervise and carry out packing, shipment, unpacking, classification, storage and distribution of laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Serve as a member of nursing department Technology/Resource Committee with faculty to identify, evaluate, and recommend equipment, electronic resources, and media to support student learning.
- Review student medical information in database and ensure that all students meet all health requirements for participation in clinical. Communicate with vendor to update requirements in database per clinical affiliation contracts.
- Attend Nurse Education Program course and faculty meetings and record the minutes.
- Provide guidance and direct the pinning ceremonies in May and December.
- Current RN Licensure in New Jersey
- Master's degree in Nursing required
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as an RN in direct patient care in an acute care setting
- Experience working with simulation in nursing education and experience in a community college nursing skills lab preferred.
January 24, 2024
Passaic County Community College is seeking a full-time faculty member for Nurse Education. Faculty in the Department of Nurse Education report directly to the Dean of Nurse Education and Health Sciences and are responsible for assessing, planning implementing and evaluating all aspects of the Nurse Education Program.
This is a full-time, tenure track, position.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Nurse Education Program
- Serve on policy making committees of the institution and the Nurse Education Program
- Participate in the selection of faculty and staff within the Nurse Education Program
- Develop course material and maintain other records according to college policies
- Select, supervise, and evaluate student learning experiences
- Communicate and interpret the objectives for student clinical practice to nursing service personnel
- Maintain up-to-date professional competence by participating in on-going clinical practice, continuing education, professional conferences, research, and writing
- Participate in student nurse organization and student advisement as needed
- Participate in college and community related activities
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Dean
- Assist in the orientation of new faculty
- A Master's degree in nursing is required, Doctorate preferred
- A current New Jersey RN License is required
- Three years' experience in clinical nursing practice within the specialty appropriate to appointed position
- Capable of working harmoniously with colleagues, students, and personnel in clinical agencies
- Current knowledge of associate degree nursing and teaching methodologies preferred
- Previous experience in an urban community college setting
- Conversational ability in Spanish desirable
January 24, 2024
CK NP Psychiatry is a psychiatric NP-owned, private practice dedicated to providing quality, compassionate, evidence-based care to the very day New Yorker and additionally specialize in women's health.
- Board-certified pychiatric NP, licensed in NY, with at least 2 years of experience
- Interest in treating women across the reproductive cycle
- Excellent clinical, communication, and documentation skills
- Being kind and empathic is a must
- Full or part-time positions available with medical, dental, retirement benefits for full-time. This is a fee-for-service position.
- Competitive pay ($150-$200/hour)
- Can be fully remote
- Supervision provided
January 17, 2024
VA York Harbor Healthcare System is a Level 1A tertiary care healthcare organization comprised of three campuses: two acute care medical centers and one Long Term Care Facility. VANYYHS provides health care to New York City veteran population in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island and is the VA referral center for the full range of cardiovascular and neurosurgical specialties. Performance measures show excellent results.
We are actively recruiting for a Nurse Managers for each of the following clinical areas below who is accountable for the clinical management, supervision, and evaluation of care delivered by nursing and other allied health staff in clinical inpatient units.
- Surgical Intensive Care/PACU
- Medical ICU/Cardiac Cath Lab
- Mental Health /Ambulatory
- Inpatient Medical Surgical
- Emergency Department
- Primary Care Medical Clinics
- Providing leadership in improving the compliance of performance measures.
- Systematic analysis of clinical practice through data collection, interpretation, and reporting of findings with appropriate recommendations.
- Responsibility for contributing to the establishment and implementation of nursing standards; prioritization of workload demands and the ability to meet established deadlines as necessary.
- Evaluation of the health care delivery on the unit identifying problems, seeking resolutions, implementing change, assessing progress and evaluating outcomes.
- Ensuring that all staff maintain competence in all required patient care skills. Nurse Manager is fiscally responsible for the resources in the area.
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Current, active, full and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse
- Graduate of a program accredited by the ACEN -Accreditation Commission for Education (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE
- BSN required. Master’s degree in Nursing or in a related healthcare field highly required
- Minimum of 5 years of nursing experience with progressive leadership experience highly preferred
- Clinical nursing skills in area of consideration
- Demonstrated leadership in interdisciplinary team setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all members of the health care team
Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a current curriculum vitae to Britta.firstname.lastname@example.org
January 17, 2024