Alumni Job Board
Columbia University School of Nursing regularly posts job openings from interested employers that are looking to fill positions with our alumni.
Post a Job
Employers can submit job postings. Please use this form.
Columbia Nursing has no financial affiliation with these entities, and reference to any specific practice, hospital, clinic, medical facility, etc., does not constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by the school. Columbia Nursing reserves the right to withdraw or choose not to post any submissions.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, very organized, strong clinical and supervisory experience, technically savvy, demonstrate strong leadership, and possess a high acumen in nursing specific to in-home health care. You would be reporting to the VP of Nursing Services and are responsible for facilitating our clients care.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, and more
- Company cell phone and laptop provided
- Monthly travel stipend
- Four weeks PTO vacation (recurring annually)
- Full PPE protection for your safety
- Direct deposit
- Refer a friend bonus program
- Full 24/7 support from VP of Nursing Services
- Travel throughout Bronx and Westchester, NY (part of your day) facilitating care for clients (open assessment and supervisory visits)
- Visit clients in their homes/hospitals/rehabs, open new cases, and supervise aides
- Establish employee/client assignments in such a manner that provides adequate and appropriate client care
- Develop a plan of care for client(s) and assist staff in the implementation thereof
- Responsible for review of all admissions and implementation of the care plan, ensuring that all are within the scope of home health regulations
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and ongoing evaluation and reporting of client needs, services, and outcomes (30/60 day supervisory visits)
- Act as liaison between client, family, physician, providers, and facilities
- Must be available for clinical on-call responsibilities via phone per rotation.
- Current NY RN license mandatory
- Minimum two-three years experience working in a home health care setting (Preferred)
- Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal laws of in-home care
- Must be very detailed oriented and can provide good follow through
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- BA degree preferred (not a mandatory requirement)
How to Apply
Email Resume to Britain.firstname.lastname@example.org
September 16, 2021
Simplifed is looking to work with a licensed IBCLC that holds an NP credential to provide telelactation and virtual baby feeding support to its patient population. They are excited to work with someone part-time at hours convenient for them.
How to Apply
Send resume to email@example.com.
To deliver comprehensive primary health care, including assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and referrals to students in a clinic setting with an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention. Inherent in this role is independence and autonomy of practice within the framework of established guidelines, a collaborative practice agreement with the Primary Care Health Service Medical Director, and under the nurse practitioner scope of practice as governed by the New York State Education Department. This is a full time 12-month position. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
August 27, 2021
What the Advanced Practice Clinician does:
- Under medical supervision, provides medical and pelvic examinations for the purpose of assessing general health and eligibility for contraception, to ascertain pregnancy, and to ascertain the need for and provide therapeutic assistance for a determined range of infections and disorders.
- Provides post-abortion evaluation and care.
- Provides relevant health instruction including family planning, HIV counseling, nutrition, sexual health counseling, and principles of health promotion and maintenance.
- Initiates and manages the client’s chosen contraceptive method.
- Evaluates and manages Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Collaborates with physicians and other members of the health care team and makes referrals to medical and community resources as indicated.
- Master of Science in Nursing (NP Only) OR
- Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS), Health Science (MHS), or Medical Science (MMSc).
- Active NY State licensure as a Registered Nurse Practitioner or Registered Physician Assistant.
- At least one year of clinical experience in Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH).
- You have a demonstrated understanding of the role that racial inequity plays in our society and its impact on healthcare systems and institutions, and consistently integrate your deep understanding of key racial equity concepts into work projects and interactions by addressing structural implications and disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions on race, class and other group identities within the context of job responsibilities and projects.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of how race dynamics impact supervisory relationships, organizational culture, clinical service delivery, partnerships, campaigns and coalition work, and can demonstrate a history of successfully intervening in problematic dynamics and deepening a racial equity approach within an organization, team, service, program, or campaign.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to building a patient-centric practice and clinical team.
How to Apply
August 23, 2021
- Maintains ongoing compliance with Joint Commission, state and federal standards; oversight responsibility for all regulatory body surveys, i.e., Joint Commission, State licensing Reviews, CMS Validation Surveys, health department, local regulatory reviews (fire marshal), and any other regulatory activity that may involve the facility. This responsibility includes staying current with Joint Commission, state, and local standards; educating facility staff about standards; and preparing the facility for such accreditation surveys.
- Plans and coordinates quality and regulatory compliance activities including but not limited to site visits and mock surveys to assure appropriate, high quality and regulatory compliant healthcare delivery. This includes development and implementation of Quality Assessment/Performance Improvement plans, evaluation of effectiveness of corrective actions for identified problems and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Working knowledge of the New York Patient Occurrence Reporting and Tracking System (NYPORTS) regulatory reporting requirements.
- Utilize project management tools to promote timely progression and monitoring of project timelines and deliverables; as well as communicating challenges and results to project stakeholders.
- Serves as a resource in the delivery of tasks to advance the development and implementation of performance improvement and regulatory compliance programs in accordance with applicable local, state and national standards, guidelines and/or regulations.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Master’s degree in Public Health, Healthcare Administration or other healthcare related programs.
- At least 3 years of healthcare related experience leading quality/performance improvement and Joint Commission/CMS survey preparation and coordination within a hospital, ambulatory care, ambulatory surgery or clinic setting required.
- Must possess strong project management, organizational, interpersonal, written and oral skills.
- Must be computer and internet literate with knowledge of EMR systems and strong experience in MS Office, Project, Word, Teams, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Candidate must be dependable, detail-oriented, effective team player with a strong service-minded work ethic.
- Experience interacting with all levels of faculty, management and staff.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and diplomacy at all times.
- Excellent customer service skills and operational experience.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, and manage multiple projects effectively.
- Must successfully complete training systems.
- Clinical degree RN, NP, PA, PharmD or MD/DO preferred.
- Certification as a Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) required or obtained within 1 year of employment
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) or Lean Six Sigma desirable.
Current, unrestricted registered nurse license to practice in NY state
How to Apply
July 30, 2021
Boston Children’s Hospital
- Remaining current on clinical standards of practice in hospice and palliative care; promoting evidence-based practice.
- Providing expert guidance on pain and symptom management.
- Facilitating discussions surrounding goals of care with patients and families.
- Identifying/evaluating issues; reaching sound conclusions; generating alternatives; making accurate and timely decisions.
- Maintaining documentation of patient visits and communicating recommendations to providers.
- Utilizing interpersonal skills to establish and maintain relationships within the medical community.
- Prioritizing patient and family goals across the continuum of care and among teams; functioning as a contributing member of the interprofessional team.
- 36 hour position
July 29, 2021