As an alumni, you’re a part of the Columbia network of 13,000 Columbia University School of Nursing graduates and as well as the university-wide alumni community of over 370,000 alumni.
Alumni of Columbia Nursing are automatic members of the Columbia Alumni Association (CAA). As a CAA member, you have access to a wide array of benefits and resources at Columbia, including:
- Update Your Email and Contact Information: Submit your updated email and contact information so that we can stay in touch.
- Lifetime Email Address: CAA offers alumni free, web-based email (UNI and password required) that includes a customizable name @caa.columbia.edu with no forwarding required.
- Email Forwarding: Columbia offers email forwarding, which allows you to maintain your email address of YourUNI@columbia.edu no matter what internet service provider you use. You will need to register your email to continue to receive emails after graduation.
- Alumni Community: Set up your profile and connect with other Columbia alumni with similar interests or with Columbia Nursing alumni who work in the same field. The more information you display, the greater your networking capability will be.
- Alumni Clubs and Shared Interest Groups: Columbia has more than 100 alumni groups worldwide that connect alumni to local networks through events and more.
- Alumni Events: There are various alumni events each year, from faculty lectures to professional development workshops.
- Career Resources: CAA offers regular networking opportunities and several industry research and resource subscriptions that are complimentary for alumni.
- Lifelong Learning: Alumni have access to online courses, podcasts, seminars, and more.
- Discounts and Benefits: CAA offers access to discounts and benefits, from insurance to financial services to computer and software discounts.
- Use of Columbia Facilities: Alumni have access to Columbia's libraries, fitness centers, Faculty House, and more
- CAA LinkedIn Group: With over 53,000 members, this network is another way to make connections.
- Columbia Club: A private social club for alumni of the eighteen schools and divisions of Columbia University, Barnard College, Teachers College, and affiliate schools, the club offers a gracious and welcoming environment conveniently located in two blocks from Grand Central Terminal.
Visit the CAA website to learn more about resources offered to Columbia Nursing alumni.
School of Nursing Alumni Benefits
Columbia Nursing offers additional benefits and networking opportunities to its 10,000 alumni, including:
- Non-Degree Specialty Courses: Columbia Nursing alumni may take any of our non-degree specialty courses in oncology and women's health. Learn more about our non-degree specialty programs.
- Jobs Listings: Columbia Nursing regularly posts job openings from interested employers that are looking to fill positions with our alumni. To view current career opportunities, visit the Alumni Job Board. If you're an employer looking to post a job, please fill out the form.
- Transcripts and Diplomas: To replace a lost diploma or request a transcript, visit the Office of Registration and Student Financial Services website.
- Bulletin: To check on past course offerings, credits, and other program information please fill out the form to request a Columbia Nursing bulletin.
- University Bookstore: Show your alumni ID card and get a 10% discount at the Columbia University Irving Medical Center bookstore.
- Alumni Events: Check our events calendar for lectures, networking opportunities, and more.
- Virtual Zoom Backgrounds: Download fun Columbia Nursing virtual backgrounds to use while on zoom.