Early Career Alumni Award
Emerging Nurse Leader
Purpose: To recognize a nursing alumnus who has exhibited excellence as an emerging nurse leader.
- Be an alumnus of Columbia Nursing with ten (10) years of experience as a registered professional nurse.
- Built effective interprofessional healthcare teams to manage complex health issues/problems.
- Served as a leader in planned change to improve patient care outcomes.
- Utilized evidence-based research to guide clinical decision-making.
- Implemented significant innovations in professional nursing practice.
- Served as a mentor to facilitate the growth and development of nurses.
Early Career Alumni Award Process
- Nominator submits a completed Early Career Alumni Award Nomination Form for their nominee. The nomination form is due on January 8, 2024 and is listed below:
- Committee members review, evaluate and make decisions regarding nominees based on the award criteria.
- Committee members make the selection for an award based on consensus.
- Each nominator is notified of the committee's decision regarding his/her nomination(s).
- Recipients are formally notified regarding their selection for an Early Career Alumni Award: Emerging Nurse Leader.
- Recipients are recognized at Alumni Reunion and honored at the Alumni Awards Ceremony.